How to Type on a PDF?
Imagine that you have created a document, converted it into PDF format, and rearranged all alignment. Now you realize that you have forgotten a section in the PDF. What do you do? Convert it back to the original format and start over? No. Now is the time when you require a reliable tool that will help you in typing directly into the PDF and save you a lot of time.
Read on to learn the stepwise guide on how to type on a PDF.
How to Type in a PDF?
When converting a PDF back to its original to make changes is not an option, all you need is the right PDF editor. Here, we have taken the example of CocoDoc as it facilitates easy PDF editing. So, here are the steps you need to follow to type on PDF.
- Open CocoDoc.
- Upload the file that you wish to edit. Choose the file from your system. You can also upload it from Dropbox, Google Drive, and an external URL.
- Next, your chosen document will be loaded. Click on the 'Text' option on the top of the screen.
- A text box will appear. Click at the area where you need to edit the content.
- Make sure to adjust the font, font size, style, and font color as per the actual PDF document.
- Once you have edited the document, click on the 'Ok' button to save the changes.
- You can follow the same process if you need to erase, highlight, blackout, add a date or sign a PDF document as well.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is saving the changes once you are done.
- When you think that the editing is complete and the document is saved, click on the 'Download' button from the top right corner to download the file.
Other Ways to Type on PDF Files
There are many other ways to type on a PDF file. Some of the tools you can use for this purpose are Adobe Reader DC, Preview option on MAC, Markup option on iPhone and iPad, etc. To type in a PDF, you need to follow the steps as below:
- After you open the Adobe Reader, you will see an option ' Tools.' Click on it.
- Click on the 'Fill and Sign' option.
- Select the file that you wish to edit. Once the upload is complete open the file.
- Click on the 'fill and sign' button to start typing.
- There is an 'ab' icon present on-screen open it and type in the text box.
- Click on the place where you want to insert the text.
- Once the typing is done, click on the document outside the text box to close it.
- You can add a signature to the PDF if needed.
- Now, click on the file menu and select 'save' to save the PDF.
- You can follow a similar process with Mac Preview and Markup for Mac devices and the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Android devices.
It is straightforward to type on a PDF file. You need to have the right tools and know the steps to follow to get the purpose right. There are many tools available to help you out. Each of these tools differs in the features and the quality of the final document. Choose your tools wisely and make changes in the PDF files with just a few clicks.